Punch has launched a series of dedicated training events for its Publicans, to enable them make the most of additional sales opportunities that sporting events will bring to the on-trade this summer. The focus of these bespoke Punch-run events will showcase how its Publicans can maximise the 2016 sporting calendar to generate increased footfall into their sites, together with further profit opportunities.
Eight of these training events will be held between April and May 2016, ensuring Publicans located across the country will be able to attend at a time and location convenient for them. Expert advice will be provided by representatives from companies including HEINEKEN, Diageo, Brakes and MatchPint.
Each day will provide the Publicans with support on a range of aspects, with food and drink masterclasses such as the Diageo Bar Academy and A Taste of Summer Food from Brakes. Topics covered will include “How to Build the Perfect Drinks Offering to Maximise Profits”, “How to Sell and Serve Innovative Food” and “How to Host the Best Summer and Sporting Events”. Publicans will also receive advice on subtle changes to service style and merchandising focus to ensure it attracts target customers and boost business.
The dates and locations for the training courses are as follows:
- 5 April: The Risley Park, Derby Road, Risley, Derby, DE72 3SS
- 7 April: Holiday Inn, Deane Gate Avenue, Taunton, TA1 2UA
- 12 April: Champs, Dunnock Drive, Washington, NE38 0EF
- 21 April: Premier Lounge, 40 Corporation Rd, Audenshaw, Manchester, M34 5LP
- 26 April: Greswolde Arms Hotel, High Street, Knowle, Solihull, B93 0LL
- 27 April Diageo: CCC Training Centre, Kendal Avenue, London, W3 0AF
- 3 May: Donnington Manor, London Road, Duton Green, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2TD
- 4 May: The Bingley Arms, Church Lane, Bardsey, Leeds, LS17 9DR
Helen Willis, Learning & Development Manager at Punch, commented: “We want to enable our Publicans to give their venues a competitive edge over the summer, by delivering the best customer experience and a fantastic offering that will enable them to boost profits and footfall. This summer prevents a great opportunity for all Publicans and it’s crucial that we provide them with the support they need to make the season a success.”