- We continue to invest substantially to develop fabulous pub businesses. Under the ownership of Patron and May Capital, we have plans to invest £80 million developing our pubs during the next three years.
- Our market-leading Punch Progress training package provides some of the sector’s best induction training and continuing professional development. We’ve just launched a mobile-friendly training console and app with CPL Training! We’ve also been recognised with a National Innovation and Training Award (NITA) for our Art of the Possible Training programme!
- We were the first pub company to launch an online ordering and information portal for our Publicans in 2011. Our award-winning Punch Buying Club has just taken its 100,000th order and sold our 100 millionth pint of beer!
- We operate a mixed estate of leased, tenanted and retail businesses, enabling us to share and apply learnings and best practice across all. Read more information about our suite of agreements.
- We have successfully launched and continue to develop a range of innovative retail concepts, from our award-winning Champs Sports Bars to our warm and inviting Village Pub and Kitchen concept.
- Our dedicated food team use their expertise to develop innovative, mouth-watering and on-trend dishes, perfectly suited to our various retail concepts. The tried and tested results are then brought to our leased and tenanted venues.
- We provide a market-leading product range to our Publicans, including one of the broadest and most established cask beer ranges in the industry – 108 rotational cask ales a year.
- Our marketing support remains unparalleled including the world’s largest pubs teams dart competition (The Punch Darts Classic) and the biggest national pub quiz! Our market-leading roadshows have also grown in success year on year.
Why we’re proud to be Punch…
Punch Bringing People Together
The Punch Story
Punch was first established in 1997 when our original portfolio was acquired from the Bass Lease Company. In the coming years our business would undergo substantial growth and change. We were listed on the stock exchange in 2002 and made a series of acquisitions, including Pubmaster, Innspired Group and Avebury Holdings. In August 2017 the business was acquired by Patron and May Capital.
Our current estate comprises a diverse range of 1,300 high quality pub business and, under the ownership of Patron and May Capital, with the prospect of further growth through acquisition.
August 2017 – Punch was acquired by Patron Capital and 1,900 pubs were sold to Heineken UK
October 2015 – We disposed of our 50% interest in Matthew Clark to Conviviality Brands
October 2014 – We announced the successful completion of the financial re-structuring following all bondholder, noteholder and securitisation creditor approvals being obtained
August 2011 – Spirit Pub Company plc demerged from Punch plc and began trading on the London Stock Exchange.
April 2007 – We disposed of 869 non-core pubs to Admiral Taverns, following a strategic review of the estate.
April 2007 – We became 50% owners of Matthew Clark – a leading international producer and marketeer of beverage alcohol brands.
January 2006 – We acquired Spirit Group, an estate of 1,829 managed pubs.
August 2005 – We acquired Avebury Holdings Limited, an estate of more than 400 pubs.
September 2004 – We announced the acquisition of the Innspired Group, an estate of 1,064 pubs.
November 2003 – We announced a deal to buy Pubmaster, with 3,115 leased and tenanted pubs.
May 2002 – We listed on the Stock Exchange as Punch Taverns plc.
March 2002 – Spirit Group Holdings, a holding company for the managed pubs business operating 1,040 pubs, was demerged.
During 2000 – The estate was integrated to trade as Punch Pub Company.
September 1999 – Our business was enlarged by the acquisition of Inn Business Group plc and the Vanguard estate from Allied Domecq plc.
1997 – The company was established when the original Punch Taverns portfolio was acquired from the Bass Lease Company.