This role will help identify estates development and deliver additional income opportunities through alternative use licensed and unlicensed income streams from within the Punch business. The Estates Development Manager (EDM) will manage the process of liaising between external advisor’s internal contacts and Publicans and local contacts on major commercial and residential developments, to ensure optimum profit opportunities are delivered at pace and on budget. The EDM also manages the process of liaising between external advisors and business owners to negotiate terms with our Publicans. This will unlock value through both the planning process and the negotiations that you will lead with the Publican. The role further requires the ability to change goals and objectives in response to a shift in company requirements, while managing a high volume of work.
- Maximise development value to ensure we exploit the maximum footprint of development in tandem with post development site value/profit uplift.
- The EDM is required to contact company solicitors to ensure that all transactions are completed quickly, efficiently and cost effectively.
- Supply a period by period update on commercial projects and disposals to the Board
- Demonstrate expertise and be the recognisable face of a member of the Estates Development team
- Actively keep up to date with industry movements to identify development and acquisitive opportunities
- Producing and presenting board level proposals for commercial development opportunities
- To explore new and untapped acquisition pools
- Review current working processes and practices to determine productivity and efficiency gains
- To interact with Publicans and ensuring full compliance with the Pubs Code.
- To develop, maintain and grow relationships with external agents and internal company personnel to ensure both consistency and quality of information is of the highest standard.
- Actively seek continual professional development to develop skill, knowledge and behavioural base.
- To coach and advise members of both Property and Operations teams in maximising individual site potential and timelines required to complete the development
- To network in other sectors of the property market and build a portfolio of potential unlicensed operators and property developers, then be able to match requirements to opportunities within your region.
- Regularly update the board and other internal parties on estate performance
- Head of Estate Development
- Regional Operation Directors
- Punch Development Managers
- Commercial Estates Managers
- External property agents & retained consultants and potential unlicensed property operators / developers
- Company Solicitors
- Local Authorities and Statutory Bodies
Person Specification – Technical Competencies/Professional expertise
- Results driven, always meets deadlines.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
- Self-confident and independent minded.
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’.
- Self-starter – a decision maker / able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent networking skills.
- A team player and able to form collaborative work groups both outside and within the Company.
- Strong Planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to present proposals to senior team members.
- A working knowledge of the Pubs Code
- Knowledge of the licensed property sales legal transaction process for both individual and corporate mergers, acquisitions & disposals.
- Knowledge of the licensed property market.
- Knowledge of regional and national pub company competition.
- Full driving licence.
- IT literate – minimum of intermediate Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of database management a distinct advantage.
- Understanding Profit and Loss accounts and MAT reports.
- A knowledge and understanding of commercial and licensed tied leases.
- An understanding of planning law and Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
The closing date for applications is 26th August 2019