To ensure the smooth running, effective management, success and profitability of the Punch Academy for our Publicans, Employees, Suppliers and Customers whilst taking overall responsibility for the facilities management of the Punch Support Centre.
The Academy Manager ensures all the services provided meet customers’ needs and that events are run efficiently.
- Take responsibility for developing the business through proactive planning, managing future sales/marketing campaigns, and budgeting efficiently to maximise income generated.
- Management of the Support Centre facilities budget, whilst proactively identifying opportunities to make cost savings in
line with business needs.
- To sell all aspects of The Academy on a local and national level.
- To handle telephone, email and online enquiries for functions including meetings, conferences and events.
To carry out showrounds and appointments.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety, licensing laws and other legal regulations.
- Management of the Academy bookings diary.
- Provide and execute excellent standards of operation and service which are reflective of the best Punch pubs.
Plan and organise any employee activities such as pay day drinks, conferences and communication huddles.
- Work closely with the Commercial team to ensure the Academy bar range is up to date and reflective of the current range offer in the pub estate.
- Carry out day-to-day troubleshooting and address problem as they arise.
- Trailblaze new initiatives to maximise the use of the Academy throughout the year.
- Identify new opportunities and ways to utilise the Academy for occasions and events.
- Negotiate with external service providers and suppliers as required.
- Project Management and delivery of works within both the academy and support centre.
- Effectively communicate daily with the relevant teams to ensure all Academy activity is executed professionally, meeting the needs of all of its customers. Supervision and co-ordination with third parties providing facilities services, including: security, cleaning, catering, vending, grounds maintenance, pest control, waste and archiving.
- Take ownership in dealing with complaints and ensure the feedback is followed up and communicated to the relevant parties.
- Be proactive in building transparent and sustainable professional relationships with Publicans, suppliers and providers.
- Understand stakeholder expectations at a detailed level and take ownership for the outcomes
On call by telephone to support incident and emergency activities outside of normal working hours.
- Supervise maintenance, supplies and equipment and action and communicate and required follow up.
- Utilise any internal or external network to develop and sustain income.
- Practically support all Academy users during their event to ensure all needs are met.
Lead the Facilities Assistant to ensure both the Academy and the Support Centre is serviced to an excellent standard.
- HR Director (Line Manager)
- Facilities Assistant
- HR Team
- Learning & Development Team
- Commercial Team
- Reception Team
- Technical Support Co-Ordinator
Person Specification – Technical Competencies/Professional expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Business and commercial awareness
- Knowledge of sales and marketing
- High level of organisational and planning ability
- Budgeting experience, accountancy skills and a general financial awareness
- Team working skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility
- An efficient and organised approach with excellent timekeeping skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- IT skills
- The ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions
The closing date for applications is Friday 12th July 2019.