The purpose of the Punch Development Manager role is to drive sustainability and growth through achieving and exceeding area profitability by creating and developing
professional relationships with our leased and tenanted Publicans. The role is key to increasing pub turnover and profit through sound professional business advice and guidance consistent with our vision, mission and values.
* Recruit and retain Lessees and Tenants (Publicans) effectively and efficiently who have the desire, passion,
skills and commitment to retail pubs with operational excellence.
* Create an annual area strategy to deliver and exceed all key performance indicators.
* Reduce and stop business failures by tackling under performance through clear definitive leadership.
* Identify suitable area opportunities for investment that will provide sustainable returns for both Punch
and its Publicans.
* Manage the rent review process efficiently to ensure they are concluded on time.
* Exploit commercial opportunities in partnership with Publicans through a high support, high challenge
* Drive sales growth through new and tested business initiatives including the promotion of Punch and
authorised supplier products.
* Manage contractual compliance effectively through the tools and insights available.
Energy and Enthusiasm
* Establish trust and confidence with Publicans through professional and timely communication.
* Deliver on your commitments with energy and enthusiasm.
* Identify and review Publican skills and knowledge gaps to develop and increase competency.
* Engage and motivate Publicans through firm and goal orientated leadership.
* Inspire Publicans to provide the best environment for consumers by effectively retailing their pubs.
* Analyse the local market to understand the commercial context of the pub and how it affects
* Ensure the basic disciplines of retail are apparent in each pub to provide consumers with trust and
* Demonstrate cost effective enterprising business initiatives which increases footfall.
* Be a first-class negotiator in order to achieve the best performance possible.
Service and Hospitality
* Be proactive in building transparent and sustainable professional relationships with Publicans, suppliers
* Build strong professional relationships with local business, commerce and networking groups to maximise
opportunities to engage individuals in and outside of the industry.
* Reward and recognise operational excellence within your area.
* Put both the Publican and consumer at the heart of your strategy to achieve and exceed performance
* Liaise effectively and appropriately with all colleagues within the region and outside of it to provide
support and guidance.
* Demonstrate an ability to convert your commercial awareness and understanding into making sound
business decisions which enables profitable outcomes.
* Pre-empt issues or problems which are likely to occur and put permanent fixes in place.
* Deliver prompt and effective service to your Publicans and their consumers.
* Demonstrate inclusive working behaviours with every field and support centre function.
* Ensure your Publicans and their teams are trained and provided the tools available to deliver operational
* Give clarity on your area operational plan and cascade clearly and concisely to both field and support
* Apply a coaching role to new and existing colleagues giving support where required.
* Utilise the expertise within Punch to guide, inform and innovate.
* Understand how your decision-making impacts all areas of the business and its people.
* Clearly communicate with passion, honesty and integrity.
* Take ownership for the performance of your area and the region and look for opportunities to develop
your skills and knowledge.
* Promote team morale and productivity utilising your colleagues’ skills / expertise.
* Generate enthusiasm and a positive attitude with a sense of fun.
* Punch Development Managers
* Regional Operations Director
* Managing Director
* Publican Development & Training Manager
* Catering Development Manager
* Territory Dispense Manager
* Property Manager
* Regional Valuation Surveyor
* Recruitment Consultant
Person Specification – Technical Competencies/Professional expertise:
* Three years minimum experience in a customer facing multi-site management role
* Sound Commercial and Business Acumen Experience
* Competent Negotiator
* Computer literate – intermediate in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Power Point and advanced Excel
* Degree calibre
* Multi-unit management accreditation/qualification
* Numerically competent with experience of Profit & Loss, cash flows and business accounts
* Full GB Driving Licence
The closing date for this role is Friday 27th July.