In this role you will lead a team of Property Managers in providing first class investment and asset protection activities across the Punch business; continuously striving to improve investment and repairs delivery in terms of time, cost and quality. As a key member of both the Property Leadership Team and Regional Operations Management Team, develop and implement plans to achieve the agreed business goals and cultural change. National responsibility for a key property function. Providing functional leadership with a focus on business improvement. Function to be agreed as a leadership team; for example: repairs helpdesk, property compliance, design, cost management, etc
- Devise and deliver a successful investment programme, meeting and exceeding agreed targets for time, cost and quality, in line with the agreed investment strategy
- Ensure that where necessary, that our statutory obligations to ensure compliance standards are met in a cost-effective manner, e.g. electrical testing, gas, etc
- Manage the capital and repairs budget allowance ensuring best value for every pound
- Develop and implement processes to engage with Publicans to provide support, education and challenge where needed, ensuring that customers are aware of their property opportunities and obligations and develop plans to ensure these are fulfilled.
- Ensure that we meet the Pub Code commitments in respect to property, specifically in regard to repairs and investment.
- Ensure Publican compliance with lease agreement obligations focused around quality of asset.
- Continue to Improve the capability of the estate in terms of leveraging the relationship with our Publicans to get them to invest and keep our properties in good repair through effective management of the dilapidations and repair process
- Ensure that our Publicans fulfil their repairing obligations through proactive education and support plus effective management of the dilapidations process
- Identify areas for improvement and development in both the investment and repairs cycle
- Proactively manage and engage with business improvement and change programmes
- Proactive management of repairs, providing robust budget controls and intelligent prioritisation of repairs
- Lead the implementation of low carbon and environmentally friendly principles across our portfolio through investments & repairs; encourage our customers to adopt same principles delivering cost reduction and environmental benefits.Ensure that the Property team in each region are aligned and working towards the cultural changes which underpin our organisational values.
- Lead and develop skills of the property managers within a region and national lead responsibility for a key focus area/topic.
- Ensure there are clear team calibre development plans supported by a performance management culture
- Support Ops teams in investment planning activities; providing challenge to ensure we are optimising profit opportunities; providing property investment advice to support investment decisions
- Develop our capacity to deliver investments at better value, more quickly and with improved customer satisfaction through development of PMs, effective processes and supplier/designer relationship management.
- Strategic management of designers & contractors to ensure they contribute fully to delivering a first-class service to our internal and external customers
- Create a high-performance culture with key suppliers, which delivers continuous improvements in service, innovation and value-added relationships
- Ensure regional and area business plans align with the overall property strategy
- Property Director
- Operations Managing Director
- Regional Operations Director
- Property Managers
- Contractors and Designers
- Support Centre functions
Person Specification – Technical Competencies/Professional expertise
- Key behavioural traits required are Coaching, Negotiation and Assertiveness skills
- Knowledge of the licensed retail sector (operations or estate or multi-site FMCG property experience)
- Capital investment experience covering a range and size of projects.
- Degree level qualification in a property or business-related subject
- Preferably Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) or equivalent professional body
- Thorough understanding of Landlord and Tenant contract law (England) and other relevant property law
- Financial accounts knowledge and the ability to interpret accounts
- IT literate – intermediate Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and advanced Excel
- Delivering Success
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Orientation
- Understanding People and Working in Teams
- Communication and Influencing
- Leading & Developing Others
- Planning and Organising
The closing date for applications is 26th August 2019