Could you run this pub?
Bedes Lea is a fantastic community pub in North Baddesley, Southampton. It is situated in in a leafy and affluent residential area surrounded by retired and family housing. Its one of the only pubs within the local area so there is a real opportunity to develop and create a fabulous business offering a welcoming local with a friendly environment for delicious beers and drinks alongside delicious pub food including traditional roasts and drinks for the locals and those from the wider area.
The pub offers great facilities with easy to manage open plan trading with booth seating for families to dine and a sport offer for avid sports fans. It has generous restaurant space (up to 60 covers), a function room for gatherings, catering kitchen, conservatory and beer garden for drinks on warmer days and a medium carpark for up to ten cars. The pub also offers Sky Sports and WIFI.
The pub will be having a refresh prior to re-launch with the addition of a built-in carvery serving area which will enhance its appeal for this pub in this area.
The private accommodation will include three bedrooms, a kitchen and lounge.
About the local area
The pub sits within the area of North Baddesley. A predominantly affluent area with plenty of residents within walking distance and the wider area. The pub is an easy drive from either Romsey or Southampton and sits between the two towns. The pub sits on the busy Rownhams Lane and has regular passing trade due to its great position amongst the local amenities.
This pub may suit
You may be looking to move area or take on a slightly larger business and will be experienced in working in a retail type environment offering quality standards and service for all customers and great at managing a team and food and drink offer. Local knowledge may be beneficial to the role but not essential.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager