Looking to run a pub?
The Bittern is a community pub in Southampton which is known locally for its delicious pub classics and drinks and has an emphasis on offering live sports and entertainment. The pub is situated on a main route from Bitterne Village into Southampton, with regular passing trade and sits next to a petrol garage alongside of a small retail parade.
It offers open plan trading space, ample parking and is in good condition after a refurbishment in the last couple of years. We are looking for its next operator who may come from a similar type of business or you may be looking to take the next step in retail.
This pub is in great condition refurbished in the last couple of years and offers a large open plan trading area with pool tables and sports area. The pub has a drinking space as you walk in and plenty of covers which can accommodate drinkers as well as diners. The pub is equipped with several TVs and shows sky sports. There is ample parking for up to 15 cars and a beer garden for warmer days.
The pub also has WIFI.
The domestic accommodation consists of three bedrooms. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
About the local area
The Bittern sits on a main route from Bitterne village into Southampton with regular passing trade, nearby a row of small retailers and businesses and next to a petrol station.
It’s a suburban area with a large estate directly behind the pub and many residents within easy walking distance.
This pub may suit
An operator that is passionate about community, who has wet led experience and an interest in sports and entertainment. You will be keen to build relationships with the locals and able to manage your team delivering great standards and welcoming service. You will be very hands on and understands all aspects of the business. You may be local or brings some experience from a similar type of business or be ready for the next step.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager