Looking to run a pub?
The Black Bull is an attractive community pub on the High Street in the affluent and lively village of Kidlington. There is plenty of regular passing trade, nearby local businesses and it is also within easy reach of local residential areas.
The pub is undergoing a complete refurbishment suited to the local demographic and will offer live sports, pool and darts facilities for the local teams as well as a kitchen upgrade to provide a good quality and well-priced pub menu for its customers to enjoy.
Business facilities & Refurbishment
This pub currently has an island style lounge bar to serve all areas of the pub. The interior is undergoing a refurbishment to a high specification with new flooring and tiles to compliment a fresh new look and finish.
The pub also has a beer garden to enjoy the sunshine and warmer days, a smoking solution and some seats on an outside decking area plus Sky Sports and WIFI.
This private accommodation will include two bedrooms and a lounge diner.
About the local area
Kidlington is a village which is in-between the Oxford Canal and River Cherwell and 5 miles from Oxford and just over 7 miles from Bicester. The local area includes a few shops, a local supermarket and car dealership. There is plenty of housing with an estate situated within easy walking distance.
This pub may suit
An experienced operator/couple with welcoming personality and a passion for sport. You will be experienced in the pub trade and local knowledge or experience of running a similar establishment would be an advantage. You will be great at providing consistent service and standards, managing your team and able to create a welcoming space for a mixture of potential customer and be keen to develop this business to reach its full potential.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager