Looking to run a pub?
The Boars Head is one of the oldest pubs within Poynton, Stockport. It sits alongside the canal and on the Middlewood Way walking trail and is a lovely place for a catch up with friends and family for a delicious meal or drink and its nearby walks attract regular visitors to the area all year round.
This traditional cask marque pub is visited by it’s local residents and is also liked by those driving from further afield as its a great spot to get away from it all.
It’s a grand building which was built by the Boddingtons brewery with a fantastic beer garden area for the warmer weather and plenty of parking.
This site has a bar area and a fantastic beer garden for the warmer weather. The kitchen caters for 50 covers and there is a car park for up to 30 cars. There are also three letting rooms and the pub also has a smoking solution, Sky sports and WIFI.
The domestic accommodation includes three bedrooms and a private lounge and kitchen
About the local area
Poynton is a town found in Cheshire, just 11 miles from Manchester, 7 miles from Macclesfield and 5 miles from Stockport. Originally a mining town, the area became urbanised. The area is affluent and has lovely housing with some of the best postcodes in the Stockport area.
This pub may suit
A publican with with letting / hotel experience, confident at building lasting relationships with the community and the ability to manage quality food and service for a medium – large trade volume and market the pub to its wider audience.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager