Looking to run a pub/hotel?
The Devonshire Arms is a very attractive destination mainstream country pub with letting rooms that benefits from a prime position in a popular tourist location. Returning to the market for the first time in 25 years, it has an outstanding reputation and trading history, with established custom from both the local community and visitors to the area.
This Cask Marque accredited pub has large trading areas, with the main bar, lounge area and dining areas creating a longhouse feel. The catering kitchen can provide for up to 80 covers throughout. Outside, there’s a large beer garden to the rear, with plans for an external bar, and a front drinking area as well. The pub also offers 3 letting bedrooms. A smoking solution and free WiFi are provided.
The domestic accommodation consists of two bedrooms, a kitchen and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
We’re planning substantial investment at the Devonshire Arms, with full conversion to our Village Pub & Kitchen retail concept. This will include updating all decoration, reinstating 3 letting bedrooms and also investing in the structure of the pub to develop and improve the customer flow. Outside, we’ll further improve the rear beer garden, including installing an external bar.
About the local area
The Devonshire Arms sits at the heart of the village of Hartington in the Derbyshire Peak District. Formerly known for cheese-making and the mining of ironstone, limestone and lead, the village attracts plenty of tourists, who flock to visit the Peak District, Buxton and the surrounding area. The pub sits in a prominent position on the village square and benefits from ample public car parking.
This pub may suit
We’re looking for an experienced professional operator, with a proven track record in letting rooms and delivering a strong food offer.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager