Looking to run a pub?
The Don John, Maltby is a well-appointed pub with a varied entertainment offer that attracts a good following two nights a week. The pub also has a strong sports element, showing Sky and BT matches, and with several teams making their base here. Though the pub is wet-led at present, the availability of the on-site catering kitchen means there is great opportunity to pitch a food offer locally to keep patrons in the premises for longer while also encourage new trade. The Don John is undergoing a update to the interior and exterior.
The pub is undergoing changes to the interior and exterior. The full details are in the Refurbishment Plan below.
The Don John is situated on a prominent roadside spot with views over open country. The large open plan public bar has segmented areas for sports viewing and playing pool and darts. There’s a catering kitchen, and the opportunity also provides free WiFi for customers’ use. Outside, there’s a smoking solution and parking for up to 10 vehicles.
The domestic accommodation consists of three bedrooms, a kitchen and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
About the local area
The Don John is close to the centre of Maltby, a former mining town within the Rotherham area – 4,000 people live within walking distance of the business. It’s not had the easiest of times economically, but that has meant the locals here pull together and there is great community spirit. Rotherham and Sheffield are 6 and 10 miles away respectively.
This pub may suit
We’re looking for a community operator who understands how to tap into the value market in this hardworking locality. You’ll need to have a great personality, an interest in sports and pub team games – and to enjoy booking exciting live acts that will attract the local community.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager