Looking to run a pub?
Recently redecorated and in good order, the Excelsior is a popular Cask Marque accredited city centre venue that’s well known for its cask ales offer and features in the 2018 Good Pub Guide. It’s a smart-looking, high street mainstream proposition, which also offers a trade kitchen, darts facilities and live TV sport.
The Excelsior is an open plan trading operation, which trades around an impressive central bar. This effectively divides the space into distinct public and lounge bar areas. There’s also a dedicated sports zone, with TV screens showing all the action. The catering kitchen can provide for up to 40 covers throughout.
Please note this pub does not have domestic accommodation.
The local area
The Excelsior is situated on Dale Street, a key thoroughfare in Liverpool, in the city’s Commercial Centre conservation area. It is one of the main commercial streets and is surrounded by businesses and a handful of hotels – plus plenty of impressive architecture.
This pub may suit
We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious operator, who can maintain this pub’s reputation for great quality cask ales.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager