Looking to run a pub?
About to become one of Punch’s ‘Mighty Local’ concepts, the Cask Marque accredited Farmers is a community value pub that’s loved by locals and visitors alike. Its sweeping beer garden is the ideal location for a bite and drink after a day in Victoria Park, which is just over the road. At night, this chameleon of a pub comes alive with local teams and entertainment.
The street side of the Farmers is a pub team’s dream, where an open room has its own bar, darts area and TVs to watch the big game. The main trading space is used for dining, with the pub’s kitchen, which is set back and feels slightly open plan to the restaurant, catering for up to 40 covers. Outside the pub provides parking for 7 cars, a smoking solution and a beer garden that runs around the building to the front room. There’s clear potential to make more of this space.
The domestic accommodation consists of three bedrooms, a kitchen and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
We’re planning investment to redecorate internally here and to enhance the pub’s entrance to further boost kerb appeal. The garden will also receive a makeover.
About the local area
Set on the busy Manchester Road and facing Victoria Park in the heart of Swinton, the Farmers is about 15 minutes’ drive from Manchester city centre. It’s surrounded by residential and commercial properties and is also just a stone’s throw from Swinton Golf Course and the home of Swinton RLFC.
This pub may suit
Ideal for an operator with food experience, who knows team sports and can also lead an in-house team. You’ll need to be a good planner and natural marketer and be able to see the value in premiumisation.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager