Looking to run a pub
The Filly Inn is an attractively presented destination mainstream pub with rooms that sits in the picturesque New Forest, on the busy A337 just outside Brockenhurst. This sizeable pub benefits from a large car park, quality letting rooms and a strong reputation for food in the area. Ideally located for New Forest visitors and walkers, the Filly can be exceptionally busy in the peak summer season, but also maintains a strong local following during the quieter months.
With two main trading areas, the Filly Inn is perfectly set up for busy destination food service, but also for functions, weddings and events. There are clearly designated public and lounge bar areas as well as the main restaurant space, plus a large function room. The kitchen can cater for up to 80 covers at peak times. The pub is Cask Marque accredited and its large beer garden and terrace are very popular during summer months. There’s a large 40-space car park and a smoking solution is also provided. The pub offers 5 quality letting rooms, with free WiFi in all areas.
The domestic accommodation consists of one bedroom, a kitchen and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
We’re planning significant investment here and after the refurbishment the pub will have 7 letting rooms. It will have refreshed decor inside and out, including updating the signage. The private accommodation will also be refurbished.
About the local area
The New Forest is a picturesque conservation area that covers about 220 square miles of Hampshire, between Ringwood and Southampton. With an abundance of wildlife, walks and tourist attractions, the New Forest attracts millions of visitors each year and also has a strong local population. The pub sits on the busy A337 just outside Brockenhurst, so sees plenty of passing trade all year round.
This pub may suit
Ideal for an operator with a strong food background and hotel/letting accommodation experience, who prides themselves on business excellence, attention to detail and exemplary service standards.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager