Looking to run a pub?
This available pub is located on the edge of Daventry town centre, the George is a community value pub that’s popular for its regular live entertainment. Pool teams play at this wet-led venue on a weekly basis, and there’s a real opportunity to grow business here by introducing more sports teams.
The George is an open plan trading operation, with an attractive main bar area. This includes a pool table and screens for viewing live TV sport. Free Wi-Fi is provided. There’s no kitchen here, but a snacks food offer is very manageable. Outside, there’s a patio trading area to the side of the pub and a clear opportunity to make more of the under-used garden area. A smoking solution is available, as well as parking spaces for 4 vehicles.
Your domestic accommodation would consist of four bedrooms, lounge/kitchenette. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
The local area
The George is located on a major road into Daventry and opposite a large, free car park, which also backs onto Daventry town centre shops. There are plenty of residential properties all around, with more than 5,700 potential customers (predominantly from the Suburban Stability demographic group) living within half a mile of the pub.
This available pub might suit
Punch are looking for an operator who has the necessary skills and experience to build wet sales here, while also growing sports teams and putting on regular live entertainment.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
• Low cost entry
• A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
• 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
• Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
• LOTS of support from Punch
• Accommodation included
• 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
• Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager