Could you run this pub?
The Halberd Inn, Ipswich ( formerly P J McGinty & Sons) is a newly refurbished High St pub with a warm and welcoming interior., which sits within the centre of Ipswich on Northgate Street. Its known for serving a great pub food menu alongside lagers, ciders and cask ales. This listed building offers some excellent facilities including live tv sports, a spacious beer garden and a lovely old stables bar and courtyard which offers opportunity to host events.
This cask marque pub offers three trading areas on the ground and lower ground floors (for up to 60 covers) with separate Stables bar and courtyard garden for performance and events. This is complemented with an upstairs function room, a catering kitchen, a courtyard/beer garden space, indoor and outdoor live tv sports and WiFi. The interior is warm and welcoming which enhances its traditional features including fireplaces for the cooler weather.
The private accommodation includes two bedrooms, a private kitchen and lounge
About the local area
Ipswich is the busy county town of Suffolk, which sits on the River Orwell and is undergoing major investment and re-generation. There are many attractions including Ipswich Museum, Christchurch Mansion, New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich Regent as well as stunning countryside.
The Halberd in sits in the heart of the town, in an area popular or food and drink, with buses nearby and within easy reach of many shops.
This pub may suit
An experienced Operator who is passionate about high street pubs and able to manage a great events calendar, food & drink and a strong team. You will have organisational and marketing skills, with a keen interest in Sports and Entertainment and know how to present an offer that will welcome both new and regular customers.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager