Looking to run a pub?
The Hop Pole is a traditional Cask Marque community pub which offers good value pub food, ales and TV sport and is situated in a large residential area just outside Crewe town centre, Cheshire. There are plenty of residents in surrounding terrace and villa houses offering potential custom directly on the pub’s doorstep.
This pub is a great opportunity for an operator with passion for community. You will have the drive and personality to build relationships with the locals, manage events and provide consistent standards and warm and welcoming hospitality.
Punch are also looking at a refurbishment for this pub.
This pub sits on a residential street and offers great facilities including a segregated vault area. There is also a large main trading space with separate areas for drinking, live sports and dining (for up to 60 covers) and this is complemented by a large upstairs function room (for band and comedy nights or functions) and a trade kitchen. There is a large beer garden space with great potential for families and locals to enjoy the warmer weather, plus a smoking solution and the pub offers Wi-Fi.
The private accommodation includes 2 bedrooms, a kitchen and lounge
About the local area
Crewe is a town that was known for its railways and car manufacturers and is about 35 miles from Manchester.
The Hop Pole sits in a residential area on the Wistaston Road, nearby Queens Golf Course and park and is surrounded by many terraced and villa style houses within easy walking distance. The pub is also close to Crewe centre and is within easy reach of local amenities including schools, a supermarket and there are also a few other pub businesses within the area.
This pub may suit
An enthusiastic community operator with local knowledge and the ability to network with the community. You will have passion for the local people and be able to offer events and promotions suited to the demographic – whilst managing the business and team to ensure that food and drink standards.
About the contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager