Looking to run a pub?
Often referred to as the last pub in England (as you head into Scotland), the Meadow House has developed a great reputation over the years with both locals and visitors to the area for its quality food offer – and this accounts for a large proportion of the pub’s sales. A huge car park makes this community mainstream pub a viable drive-to food destination, while its very attractive outside area is also a very popular draw during summer months.
The pub is currently split into two halves, with a large restaurant area to the left and a small snug bar to the right. The catering kitchen can provide for up to 80 covers at any given time. Outside, the pleasant beer garden offers additional covers throughout the spring and summer, as well as providing a dedicated children’s play area. There’s a smoking solution and a huge car park with 40 spaces. Free WiFi is available throughout.
The domestic accommodation consists of two bedrooms, a kitchen and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
We’re planning a full refurbishment of this business to re-launch it on a retail contract – full details to follow.
About the local area
The Meadow House is situated in a prominent position on a roundabout just to the north of Berwick-upon-Tweed, immediately off the A1 as you head for Scotland. Located just 4 miles south of the Scottish border, just over an hour north of Newcastle and an hour south of Edinburgh, Berwick is the ideal stopping point for many travellers. It’s also a popular destination for tourists throughout the year, who come to take advantage of the numerous holiday parks and to see the areas of outstanding beauty which are located up and down the Northumberland coast.
This pub may suit
Ideal for an operator with managed pub experience. Due to the level of food that this business will be expected to serve on a weekly basis, experience of working in and managing a kitchen team would be preferred.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
• Low cost entry
• A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
• 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
• Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
• LOTS of support from Punch
• Accommodation included
• 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
• Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager