Looking to run a pub?
Currently known as San Lorenzo, the Old Oak Inn is about to benefit from substantial investment to create a destination mainstream pub in the affluent village of Hoghton in Lancashire. It benefits from a prominent position on a main road through the village, in an area where demographics are good. The pub offers an Italian menu however for a new operator we will look for a traditional food offer, quality cask beers and wines.
The trading area here is split across two distinctive spaces. The front bar lounge is used for casual drinking while the main restaurant area offers about 80 covers for dining. Free WiFi is provided throughout for customers’ use and there’s a small external seating area with picnic benches to the front of the pub. To the rear, there’s a large car park with space for up to 20 vehicles.
The domestic accommodation consists of three bedrooms, a kitchen and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
We’re planning investment at this pub, will include internal redecoration throughout to provide a fresh feel and align with a destination mainstream offer.
About the local area
The pub is situated in the affluent village of Hoghton, about 3 miles east of Preston town centre and 4 miles west of Blackburn. It’s an affluent area, with several eating establishments but the 5-mile radius catchment area puts a huge potential customer base on the doorstep. The pub sees plenty of passing traffic due to its prominent position on the main A675 road through the area. The fortified manor house of Hoghton Tower is a popular local tourist attraction.
This pub may suit
This pub operates as an restaurant and bar, so we’re looking for an operator with a high level of catering knowledge. You’ll also need good marketing skills to help this offer stand out.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager