Looking to run a pub?
PJ McGinty’s ( Soon to be the Halberd Inn) has traded as a wet-led Irish themed pub for a number of years, just off the main circuit in Ipswich. Our intention for this pub is to put the heart and soul back into the business with an improved food and drink offer and refurbishment of the trading area to with live music and screens to enjoy Sky sports events, as the pub has done in the past. Upgrade and refurbishment of the trading area to focus on live music and sports.
This well-established pub operates across three main trading areas: the public bar, a lounge bar and a separate function room, with up to 42 covers throughout. It provides free WiFi for customers’ use and also boasts a large covered beer garden area.
The domestic accommodation consists of three bedrooms and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
The local area
The pub is located in central Ipswich, just off the main circuit. There’s a variety of competition in the immediate area, including GK Pubs, Yates’s and JDW, as well as coffee chains and fast food outlets. The area is ripe for inward investment, as there also a large number of charity shops and several closed A3 units nearby.
This pub may suit
You’ll need to be a strong, entrepreneurial operator with a good track record in running town/city centre pubs. Preferably with live music experience, you’ll be passionate about re-energising and refreshing this pub to put it back on the map.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager