Looking to run a pub
The Railway is a community value pub that’s set back on a busy road just off the popular Promenade of New Brighton on the Wirral. Its prominent corner position gives it good visibility within the local area. This wet-led pub sits in the heart of the community and will offer customers a great environment in which to enjoy watching sport on TV as well as playing traditional pub sports, such as pool and darts.
About to benefit from significant investment, the Railway currently operates across two separate trading spaces: the public bar and a lounge area. The proposed investment may look at opportunities to open up the pub to allow for additional drinking covers. The pub offers a dedicated space for watching live TV sports and for playing pool and darts.
The domestic accommodation consists of three bedrooms, a kitchen and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
There is a full refurbishment planned– including both external and internal redecoration.
About the local area
New Brighton is a seaside resort, forming part of the town of Wallasey on the Wirral in Merseyside. The Railway is within walking distance of New Brighton station and is also very close to the Promenade, which offers plenty of tourist attractions and events throughout the year.
This pub may suit
Ideal for a local community operator with a good knowledge of the New Brighton area.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture. You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
• Low cost entry
• A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
• 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
• Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
• LOTS of support from Punch
• Accommodation included
• 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
• Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager