Looking to run a pub?
The Red Barn is Situated just outside Shrewsbury town centre, it is a traditional-looking community mainstream pub that benefits from a prominent position on a busy main road. This is a very sought-after area and there’s a clear opportunity to position the pub at the heart of the local community, delivering good food and providing entertainment, team games and local events.
Recently refurbished, the Cask Marque accredited Red Barn operates across two main trading areas. The public bar offers a pool table, darts throw, jukebox and TVs showing live TV sports, while the lounge area is home to dedicated dining space. The well-equipped catering kitchen can provide for up to 50 covers at full capacity. Outside, there’s a large, safe and secluded beer garden and parking for up to 40 vehicles. Free WiFi is available throughout.
Your domestic accommodation consists of three bedrooms, a kitchen and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
The local area
The Red Barn is situated on the edge of Shrewsbury, a popular and well-established town that offers easy access and parking, attracting tourists all year round. The pub sits about 2 miles from the town centre and is surrounded by good quality housing and very good demographics. It’s also close to the river, which is an attraction during the warmer months, and to the local cemetery.
This pub may suit
Ideal for an experienced operator, with high personnel standards and presentation. Working at the centre of the community, you’ll be expected to build relationships with locals, teams and to drive performance through food, entertainment and sporting events. You’ll need to be a really good organiser, who takes pride in making things happen.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your busines
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager