Looking to run a pub?
The Claremont (new name) sits in a vibrant area overlooking the historic city of Bath, enjoying great views of the whole city. Previously a standard community proposition called the Rising Sun, we are investing heavily in this pub to transform it into a more modern and relevant concept in the area. Working with the very best operator, we’ll have the opportunity to drive a quality-led, community premium offer in the market.
Following transformational refurbishment work, the Claremont will have two main trading areas, set out with intelligent partitioning to create a cosy, but spacious, pub environment. The catering kitchen will be able to provide for up to 50 covers across the main bar and restaurant areas. The pub also has a conservatory. The pub is Cask Marque accredited and free WiFi is provided throughout. Outside, the current beer garden will receive a makeover and we plan to add a new outside area to the rear of the pub to make the most of its elevated position.
The domestic accommodation consists of three bedrooms, a kitchen and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
We’re planning large-scale investment at this pub, which will overhaul the current building and structure, at this time the pub name will change to Claremont.
About the local area
Bath is a large city in its own right, but also benefits from a high influx of tourism all year round. The immediate area surrounding the Claremont is home to a mix of transient rental hubs and younger professionals and is constantly changing to attract more professionals to the area.
This pub may suit
The ideal operator will have good, relevant experience at a senior level in a high street bar or restaurant. Quality and attention to detail is key in this demanding market and energy to drive and promote a new concept is essential.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager