Looking to run a pub?
The Saracens Head, Hertford is a fantastic local pub surrounded by residential, local businesses and is also situated within the commuter belt. Hertford is the affluent capital of Hertfordshire and therefore it has everything you expect from a bustling town. The pub is situated on one of the main roads into the town close enough to walk yet enough not to be classed a town centre pub. This is a community pub which should be known for welcoming service, good value and great food.
The main bar has a mixture of fixed, loose and high-level seating (32 covers). To the side of the bar is a small extension with an additional 16 covers There is a large garden to the rear (70 covers) with two large shelters, for visitors to enjoy throughout the summer months. There is also parking for up to 4 cars. The pub is in good condition and is undergoing a complete change to its look and feel.
Your private accommodation will include a reception room, 3 bedrooms and a kitchen
About the local area
The Saracens Head is situated on one of the main roads into Hertford town centre and the local area is made up of consisting of residential, office and commuter belt. Hertford east station is also just 5 mins walk away and provides direct trains to Liverpool Street Station and there are regular passers-by. As the capital of Hertfordshire, Hertford has everything you expect of a large town including good road links via the A10. It’s a affluent area so the pub has potential to attract local business workers for lunch and early doors drinks alongside the local community or passing commuters for an easy bite to eat.
This pub may suit?
Someone previous experience of the hospitality industry as experience and drive will be required to maximise the full potential of this pub, there is plenty of potential custom within the local area but it requires a great operator to market the pub to a high level and guarantee welcoming personality, great service and the best experience every time
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager