Could you run this pub?
The Ship in Distress is traditional Dorset pub, which benefits from a great location in the town of Christchurch and is within a short walk of Christchurch High Street The pub is situated on the edge of a large residential area, with great road links to the greater surrounding areas.
Punch are looking at a refurbishment to enhance appeal and attract customers both nearby and from further afield through a great food offer, excellent service and smart, stylish and comfortable environment to meet and relax.
Business facilities & Refurbishment
This pub offers great facilities with a good size central bar area which offers plenty of back bar display. The pub has a welcoming feature wood burner in the main bar making it really cosy on cooler days and evenings. There is also a defined dining area (50 covers). The pub also offers a beer garden and parking for up to 12 cars. Punch are now looking at investment and refurbishment and details will be available once confirmed.
The private accommodation will include two bedrooms, a kitchen and bathroom
About the local area
Christchurch is a historic town with stunning beaches and a beautiful harbour. It is located between Bournemouth and the New Forest of the desirable South Coast. A short drive off the A35 and M27.
Christchurch is a desirable destination for holiday makers and a popular destination area of choice for many eateries for lunch or an evening out. Christchurch also benefits from being the 4th most populated Town in Dorset.
This pub may suit
The ideal operator will have experience of running a pub business or managing at a senior level in a similar establishment and be looking to run their own pub. Ideally with experience of creating and producing their own menus and have a understanding of managing food alongside providing excellent standards and welcoming environment to all.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
• Low cost entry
• A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
• 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
• Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
• LOTS of support from Punch
• Accommodation included
• 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
• Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager