Could you run this pub?
The Steam Waggon, Mount Pleasant is a cask marque community pub within an older residential area in Shrewsbury. The pub is located on a busy roundabout nearby local shops, a radio station and fast food outlets and there are several schools and churches nearby. There is also a large supermarket which drives regular passing trade. The pub is known for its great drinks and currently offers simple bar snack food at weekends and buffet food for private functions alongside hosting entertainment on at weekends with team activities during the week plus live TV Sports.
There is great potential to develop the food offer here.
This pub offers a two-room operation (156 covers) with a patio at the front and enclosed south facing beer garden at the rear.
The pub offers Live TV sports, two pool tables in the trading area and one in the garden and has also had games machines.
It’s is a main entrance into lounge area with doors leading to a bar area. The pub also offers a well-equipped kitchen.
This pub offers three bedrooms, a kitchen and lounge
About the local area
This pub is on the outskirts of Shrewsbury and the gateway to Mid Wales/South Wales and Herefordshire. The Shropshire Hills and this beautiful historic town attract a large number of tourists to the area alongside the mainstay employers in retail, hospitality and public services there is a good mixed demographic of population in the area.
This pub may suit
The ideal operator for this site is a single or couple who are looking to develop a retail led business, You will have the ability to offer great standards and service, manage your team to deliver a consistent experience for all your customers.
You will also have enthusiasm for sports and be able to use Live sports, pool teams, darts teams and quizzes to drive your business.
You will also know how to implement tailor made marketing and utilise social media to its best.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager