Looking to run a pub?
The John Walker Tavern ( formerly The Met Bar) , in the market town of Stockton in Tees, County Durham is undergoing a substantial refurbishment introducing a new concept for the local residents as well as office workers, shoppers and passing trade. Its a great opportunity to work with us to launch a fresh concept for the area which will focus on great value for money, high levels of service alongside live sports, games teams and regular entertainment.
There will be price led product alongside quality cask ales, craft beers, fine wines and premium spirits including gins and the opportunity is available on a on a retail contract.
The pub will remain open plan but the refurbishment will create a warm and inviting welcome to the anticipated new custom. There will be a dedicated sports area for darts, pool and bar games. There will also be a mixture of seating that will encourage comfort for dining, seating areas for socialising, and area for standing and a sports viewing area with new screens so customers can watch sky and BT.
A substantial refurbishment is planned for the pub which will transform it significantly from its current look and feel see above.
The private accommodation will comprise of a private studio flat.
The local area
The pub is located on Bridge Street and is in the central area of Stockton, just off the River Tees which is on the edge of Stockton High Street. The local area has numerous local businesses, offices and shops which would bring potential customers. There are also a few other drinking pubs and restaurants within the local area.
This available pub may suit
This may suit a motivated and driven couple or publican with experience in running a retail led business to a high standard. Experience of managing food would also be an advantage. You will also need will need great personality and ability to engage with different types of customer and provide a welcoming environment to drive regular and return trade.
About the contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager
*These images for this opportunity indicate the look & feel but may be subject to change.