Could you run this pub?
The Oak, is a destination pub which sits in the heart of the affluent village of Houghton, Lancashire. The pub is in excellent condition following an investment at the end of 2018. It benefits from a prominent position on a main road through the village, within easy reach of residents who live nearby. The pub offers a classic pub menu alongside serving quality cask beers and wines and offering live tv sports and we are seeking an operator/operators who thrives in driving a retail offer to a high standard.
The pub offers some great facilities with the trading area split across two distinctive spaces. The front bar lounge is suited to casual drinking while the main restaurant area offers up to 60 covers for dining. The pub also offers Sky & BT sport and there’s a small external seating area with picnic benches to the front of the pub. To the rear, there’s a large car park with parking for up to 20 vehicles.
The private accommodation includes three bedrooms, a private kitchen and lounge.
About the local area
The pub sits in the centre of Houghton village, which is around 3 miles east of Preston town centre and 4 miles west of Blackburn. It’s an affluent area, with several eating establishments but the 5-mile radius catchment area which includes areas such as Coup Green, Gregson Lane, Higher Walton offers potential custom. The pub sees plenty of passing traffic due to its prominent position on the main A675 road through the area and The Fortified Manor house of Hoghton Tower is a popular local tourist attraction bringing passing trade to the area.
This pub may suit
This pub operates as a mainstream pub selling traditional food, so we’re looking for an operator with a good level of catering knowledge and able to manage and drive a retail offer to a high standard. You’ll also need good marketing skills to help this business stand out across the area and will be skilled at building strong and lasting relationships within the local community.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager