Could you run this pub?
The White Lion is a high street pub located on Mill Street, Macclesfield which is a popular evening spot in the town centre. This pub has a focus on live tv sports, entertainment and is known for offering great music. It’s a great opportunity for a publican who has a lively personality and thrives in a town centre environment offering great drinks and a welcoming evening venue and develop the food offer with our excellent pub menu.
The trading space is one open room with booths and fixed seating throughout – the site also offers a dedicated dance floor space and live entertainment area. The pub has a kitchen and capability to cater for up to 40 covers. There is also a large open plan Beer Garden, out side bar with an external covered building including an external TV for warmer evenings. The pub has no parking however there are good transport links and plenty of passing trade.
The planned works are to include a fresh external decoration, a new interior look and feel, bar works and rear beer garden improvement.
The private accommodation includes three bedrooms, a private kitchen and lounge
About the local area
Mill street is within the main drinking circuit with Macclesfield and the White Lion is surrounded by other venues. Macclesfield is a market town in Cheshire, known historically for silk, Hovis bread and its famous canal. It’s a cultural town with music events, wedding fairs and festivals throughout the year drawing visitors from both the local and wider areas.
This pub may suit
The operator with passion and experience for town/ city centre pubs alongside food.
You will be great at developing local relationships and knowledge of the area would be an advantage.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager