Could you run this pub?
The William Mitchell is a community pub which sits just ten minutes from the centre of Morecambe and is within easy driving distance of the historic town of Lancaster.
It’s a traditional pub offering cask ales and is a welcoming place for families and visitors from across the area to enjoy a bite to eat and a warm welcome. The pub is known for its live sports and offers pool and darts for customers alongside regular weekend entertainment. Its also known for hosting community activities including a slimming club twice a week, with members attending regularly.
The pub offers large open plan trading space, with a semi-partitioned function room. There is also a pool table, outside drinking space, children’s play area and large car park.
The private accommodation includes three bedrooms, a lounge, kitchen and bathroom.
About the local area
Morecambe town sits on the coast overlooking the Bay of Morecambe in Lancashire. The William Mitchell is just outside the centre, nearby the local supermarkets and the Westgate Precinct and just ten minutes’ drive to the sea. It’s surrounded by leafy roads and housing estates offering plenty of families and residents right on the pubs doorstep and it is also within a few hundred yards of Morecambe Football Ground and within easy driving distance to the historical town of Lancaster.
This pub may suit
An experienced publican with a confident personality, who has a keen interest in the local community, making the pub the first choice for the locals to catch up for a chat and drink. Within easy reach of the local football ground, a passion for the sport as well as live entertainment is an absolute must. You will also have some catering experience and feel comfortable running functions and buffets for events.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager