Looking to run a pub?
Ramsgate is a beautiful part of Kent, it has a strong fishing heritage with England’s only Royal Harbour. It’s a popular getaway spot for the weekend with its cliff walks, coastal paths and wildlife and known for its retro vibe.
The Windmill is a welcoming, local community pub which is available on a retail contract. It is not far from the coast, situated in the suburbs surrounded by housing, local shops and small businesses. The pub offers live TV sports and several darts pool teams use the pub, alongside locals. The pub is a community value pub, serving cask ales and a great value, quality food menu. Recently refurbished the pub has a great interior.
The Pub offers open plan trading with a small restaurant (for 50 covers) toward the rear of the main customer area and its own kitchen, there is also a pool table and dart boards. The pub has a beer garden at the back of the pub as well as some seating at the front. It has parking space for up to 12 cars.
Your domestic accommodation would consist of two bedrooms and a kitchen and lounge, this will be to a good standard.
The local area
The Windmill is situated not far from the coast in an area with housing, small businesses and local shops and amenities. Ramsgate is a seaside town in Kent, with a population above 40,000. Known for its fishing and tourism. It has lovely cliff tops and sandy beaches and is a popular getaway destination. The town has lots going on with spots clubs including Ramsgate FC, sailing and yacht clubs. There is a popular annual sailing regatta known as ‘Ramsgate Week’ and the town is also known for is cool, laid back Retro vibe.
This pub may suit
This a great pub for an operator with personality, who is able to connect with the locals, integrate into their local activities and use these to their advantage. Some experience of food would also be an advantage and ability to drive a retail offer.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager